209 Primer ?

JDK

Reaction score
Our local big box store has a lot of CCI 209 shotgun primers. Thinking of grabbing a few boxes to use in the ML if they work. I shoot 777 pellets in an Omega. Thoughts?

groundtender

Reaction score
I don’t see why they won’t be just fine. But someone more up to date on which 209 primers are suitable and which are not may chime in.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Our local big box store has a lot of CCI 209 shotgun primers. Thinking of grabbing a few boxes to use in the ML if they work. I shoot 777 pellets in an Omega. Thoughts?
I shoot the 209 primers out of my Traditions with the 777 pellets.
They shoot fine but are dirty as hell.
Presently switching to Blackhorn 209 and waiting for bulllets and measuring devices to arrive. Hope to have a sighting in session soon with the new combo.

JDK

Reaction score
Thanks.

For $3 per 100, I'm not out much anyway.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Also switching to BH. Just picked up some federal 209a shotgun primers that I'm going to give a try. From the research I did when shooting BH definitely stick to the shotgun primers, and seemed like the overall consensus was either the federal 209a's, or the CCI 209m primers. Waiting on my sabots to get here, hopefully today then it'll be sight in time

JDK

Reaction score
I picked up a couple of packs. They are not the 209M but I also don't shoot BH...yet.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Also switching to BH. Just picked up some federal 209a shotgun primers that I'm going to give a try. From the research I did when shooting BH definitely stick to the shotgun primers, and seemed like the overall consensus was either the federal 209a's, or the CCI 209m primers. Waiting on my sabots to get here, hopefully today then it'll be sight in time
My sabots and measuring tubes are arriving today...already got the Buckhorn last week

benny8

Reaction score
When shooting 777, I have found that Remington Clean Bore primers work better than regular 209 primers. The regular primers burn too hot and leave a fouling ring in your bore. This makes loading the next bullet difficult. I was initially having this issue until I read an article in a hunting magazine. Switched over to the Clean Bores and it was much better. I know this was an older post, but hope it helps someone.

Latest posts