2022 fall turkey

Pine-lock

Reaction score
With Saturday being the small game opener in Maine and also having it overlap with early goose and fall turkey my son had big plans for the day. The conditions weren’t great with some high winds. We spent some time busting brush for grouse. The only flush happened when we had stopped on and old road to take a break and none of us had a gun ready. Later in the day we headed to a water hole that had held some geese the weeks before. We got sidetracked on the way there by a group of Tom’s and Jake’s. We we’re able to find a spot to stop and snuck in to get in-front of them and it ended up putting a 15lb Tom 20 yards from my son.
Our goose hunt after was uneventful but a bonus turkey is hard to beat.

Attachments

• 06A80409-DB73-4E94-B9A4-E44F4F07D023.jpeg
    06A80409-DB73-4E94-B9A4-E44F4F07D023.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 12

Huntermc6

Reaction score
Really nice Tom! The last few weeks of September are awesome with all the overlapping hunting season and the last of the state wide fishing season.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
Hey, great looking bird. Those are the days......when you can get out with your kids and enjoy the woods. It's also a reminder that, I need to drop doing projects and get out myself.
Sounds like it was a great day overall.
Congratulations to you and your son. He will always remember these days...

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Good for both of you!
I took my daughter and son in law goose hunting on Sunday which was the last day but it was a bust.

338 Bear Hunter

Reaction score
Great job with the turkey. In NH, our fall turkey is still a few weeks away, and only covers about half of the state.

Pine-lock

Reaction score
Good for both of you!
I took my daughter and son in law goose hunting on Sunday which was the last day but it was a bust.
For some reason my son's hooked on waterfowl. We'll be out this Saturday for ducks in the morning. Sunday a put and take pheasant/chukar hunt over dogs. He's living his dream at 12 years old lol.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
With Saturday being the small game opener in Maine and also having it overlap with early goose and fall turkey my son had big plans for the day. The conditions weren’t great with some high winds. We spent some time busting brush for grouse. The only flush happened when we had stopped on and old road to take a break and none of us had a gun ready. Later in the day we headed to a water hole that had held some geese the weeks before. We got sidetracked on the way there by a group of Tom’s and Jake’s. We we’re able to find a spot to stop and snuck in to get in-front of them and it ended up putting a 15lb Tom 20 yards from my son.
Our goose hunt after was uneventful but a bonus turkey is hard to beat.
That is great stuff. Congratulations! That was a great "change of plans".

Latest posts