2021 NJ Meat Pole

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Post up your 2021 harvests here. Deer, bear, turkeys, yotes, small game. You name it, we want to see it. Please put pics, dates and stats only. No commentary please!!!!

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Congrats LB!Way to go. Nice Doe! I'll be in zone 4 so need to wait a few more weeks.

Mikejd

Reaction score
Nice congrats. These temps make me not want to go out. Need a cool snap.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice congrats. These temps make me not want to go out. Need a cool snap.
Yeah I hear ya. But the big bucks are moving just at dark but will stop in about a week or two after they feel the pressure. I missed a nice 10, passed an 8 and some smaller bucks already.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
150 lbs dressed, antler score 112. 262 P&P.
View attachment 25198
Beautiful buck LongBow. You are off to a great start. Are you only hunting in one zone or do you do multiple? Obviously, you have no shortage of deer but was curious. I planned to take Friday off for my first ever day of archery but it looks like it will be close to 80 degrees. May go fishing instead.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Beautiful buck LongBow. You are off to a great start. Are you only hunting in one zone or do you do multiple? Obviously, you have no shortage of deer but was curious. I planned to take Friday off for my first ever day of archery but it looks like it will be close to 80 degrees. May go fishing instead.
Just zone 5. That's where I live and I have a couple of spots there. I bought a Pennsy. license and scouted some Federal land there, because I am tagged out for bucks in NJ until the end of the month. I'm going tomorrow for an afternoon hunt. I found some big rubs in some white oaks coming off the top of the ridge, we'll see what happens.

Pretty much hunting the ridge right across the river from where you hunt in NJ. I just reread one of your old threads.

Even in the heat if you know where they are feeding in the evening you might do well. Spray yourself down with some repellant and play the wind. Good luck.

Last edited:

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Thanks LB
Just zone 5. That's where I live and I have a couple of spots there. I bought a Pennsy. license and scouted some Federal land there, because I am tagged out for bucks in NJ until the end of the month. I'm going tomorrow for an afternoon hunt. I found some big rubs in some white oaks coming off the top of the ridge, we'll see what happens.

Pretty much hunting the ridge right across the river from where you hunt in NJ. I just reread one of your old threads.

Even in the heat if you know where they are feeding in the evening you might do well. Spray yourself down with some repellant and play the wind. Good luck.
- Thanks LB - but a quick question. Do I understand the rules correctly? Couldn't you just go to zone 4 and get a doe and a buck now? Not questioning where you hunt but rather my understanding of the regs. Was planning on going to the Gap but have found a spot in Morris County I want to try as well. Was told I could go hunt in each zone and get whatever the regs are in both zones.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks LB

- Thanks LB - but a quick question. Do I understand the rules correctly? Couldn't you just go to zone 4 and get a doe and a buck now? Not questioning where you hunt but rather my understanding of the regs. Was planning on going to the Gap but have found a spot in Morris County I want to try as well. Was told I could go hunt in each zone and get whatever the regs are in both zones.
No just one buck during regular bow season, then another during permit bow.

Latest posts