2021 moose lottery

Big D

Reaction score
Man, I had to do some serious scrolling around, but did get to the 2021 application and got my bonus point. Can’t apply for a tag until next year. If they keep it the way it is now with regard to finding application, there won’t be much competition for anyone eligible to get drawn

I like the sound of that. I seem to need little to no competition to get drawn.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Sent mine in last night for a point only. I will have to wait 3 years before I can apply again. I might have a chance as a sub this year too. Good luck to all.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Just applied this morning. I have 21 points, wife has 11 points, oldest daughter 3.
Put in for 8 and 4 only and would plan to use the outfitter tent in either locations. Have lodging in 8, but would like to give the full experience if either of the girls get drawn. Couple of bulls from prior years. I know where this guy has been hanging around too, and would like to connect.

Attachments

medrhunter

Reaction score
Geez I'm jealous of you guys with multiple tags.
Last year we went "all in" and had about 550 chances between 4 of us.
Still Nada! NR applicants went up from 15K to 20K last year

thejigger

Reaction score
I killed a bull in zone 8 last year with my 16 year old son as the sub. We are from NY. Really wanted him to shoot, but it happened fast and he had no shot. I will be getting my bonus point and entering him in the drawing. Good luck!

hammertime

Reaction score
What do you all think of the Adaptive Hunt in Zone 4. Looks like 525 permits for the normal hunt and then an additional 550 cow permits for the Adaptive Hunt. From what I read on the MDIFW website, they are trying to limit the population in a certain area to study the effects on the ticks.

groundtender

Reaction score
What do you all think of the Adaptive Hunt in Zone 4. Looks like 525 permits for the normal hunt and then an additional 550 cow permits for the Adaptive Hunt. From what I read on the MDIFW website, they are trying to limit the population in a certain area to study the effects on the ticks.
I read the numbers the same way you did. That certainly should make bulls in that area more responsive to calling in the years ahead.

rustyg

Reaction score
I had stopped applying many years ago as I felt the tables were tilted for those that can spend the money and get as many points as they wanted. At the time I had 12 points.
But I am going to start applying again, as I have shot moose in Vermont and New Hampshire, and it would be cool to get the trifecta.

thejigger

Reaction score
We killed him Tuesday morning, 36 inches, 704lbs. Got to meet Lee Kantar at Bishops and he mentioned the adaptive hunt. Putting my son in this year, and getting my bonus point.

IMG_4400.JPG IMG_4399 (1).JPG IMG_4398.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

thejigger

Reaction score
Yes. I grew up in Cayuga on Cayuga lake. We are spoiled for fishing here. I hunted Newfoundland twice and I gotta say I saw more moose sign in Maine in one day than I saw on the rock in 2 weeks. We had terrible moose hunting weather on both trips. Our outfitter knew his stuff and they had good hunting the week prior, just bad luck on our part. I have been to Maine several times and I hope to be back again soon.

Latest posts