2021 moose lottery

257Roberts

Reaction score
From my food plot stand, late in the deer season, unit K, only one moose permit drawn here, more moose seen than deer this year, this was a cow , calf and bull.....GRRRRRRR! 19E5A20E-448B-4A2C-9C62-99A20669DDE4.jpeg

257Roberts

Reaction score
so those three moose hung out there until it was dark, I was enjoying watching them for 20+ minutes, then it got to darkness, so dark I could barely see them using my binoculars, even at 40 yards, I could just make out shadows, then the bull walked up hill towards me to the left, I could hear him crunching in the dry leaves 10 yards from me......I wasn't about to climb down in the midst of three moose, in the dark, so I started to whistle, talk to them, tap my rifle on the metal stand, bang my feet etc.......they were transfixed, and just stood there......I thought maybe the flashlight might scare them so I unzipped my belly pack for the light, well the sound of that little nylon zipper sent them for the woods in a hurry..... finally! I climbed down and got the hell out of there....

medrhunter

Reaction score
Before you apply, be sure to understand the odds.
Last year, Non-residents were only allotted 4% of the available permits for Sept, Zone 1 -10 hunts.
But we try anyway :)

257Roberts

Reaction score
I was commenting on NH, I gave up on Maine a long time ago.....

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I talked to the fella had K last season. I believe he tagged out in Dunbarton first day.

groundtender

Reaction score
Man, I had to do some serious scrolling around, but did get to the 2021 application and got my bonus point. Can’t apply for a tag until next year. If they keep it the way it is now with regard to finding application, there won’t be much competition for anyone eligible to get drawn

JDK

Reaction score
Man, I had to do some serious scrolling around, but did get to the 2021 application and got my bonus point. Can’t apply for a tag until next year. If they keep it the way it is now with regard to finding application, there won’t be much competition for anyone eligible to get drawn

Where?

I spent over an hour on the website last night and then again this morning. I'm missing it completely.

Interesting adaptive hunt in zone 4.

groundtender

Reaction score
Where?

I spent over an hour on the website last night and then again this morning. I'm missing it completely.

Interesting adaptive hunt in zone 4.
I went to F&W website for Hunting and Trapping on my phone. Did a search for 2021 Maine Moose Permit Application. Of course that did not exactly take me to the application, I scrolled down through all the info until I noticed something like “online” in blue. I think that took me to it. But forgive me if it doesn’t.

That z4 split for cows looks interesting to me too. Finally the Dept is making a move with regards to cutting down on the sacred cows in order to see its effect, if any, on ticks.

BearHunter

Reaction score
Sent in my annual contribution to Maine Fish and Wildlife today. Up to 110 bonus points. May this be the year to get drawn. Good luck to all.

JDK

Reaction score
Also as an FYI. You can now apply from the Moose hunting page. That link was not there at noon.

Latest posts