2021 Back log

MGK

Reaction score
Been busy as always which I’m very thankful for but I was able to hit the woods a couple days at the beginning of October before I shipped back out. Tons of bucks they year. Should be a banner year across the state. This particular spot I’m hunting has always been a good producer but this year I believe I had 14 or 15 different bucks come though in October with 10 or so being frequent fliers. Opening morning of archery I had 2 bucks (6pt and a spike) come in right at legal light and feed around for about 10 minutes before they dipped off down towards the swamp.
5E4D39BD-ED22-4A22-8725-E92CF5D07EFC.jpeg

Monday morning was almost a season ending day. At about 8am I stand up to stretch and look out to see a buck standing there quartering to me. I could tell it was a decent deer. Bino’s up I can see he’s not what I’m looking for and then I see movement to the right.. another buck... a bigger buck. This one I knew I didn’t want to shoot early in the season but recognized him as an 8pt that has been around a lot. I’m watching and hoping they come closer when I see more movement and a flash. I could see the frame of a very large deer and thought it was a 10pt I had in there. (Turns out it was the big 6). They were hung up at about 70 yards in some alders and a few soft grunts couldn’t pull them in. They slipped off passed me and into a well know bedding area. I figured that evening hunt might bring them right passed me. About an hour later I hear a noise behind me and see a coyote on a trot headed right for where those deer went in. Luckily he was about 50yrds closed and I was able to put an arrow into him. That evening hunt was a non producer and then it was time to leave again. Hopefully I get home in the next few days for a big push this rifle season. Good luck to everyone this season and I look forward to seeing all the reports!

The group stayed together later than I’ve ever seen this year

0EDF74C9-A088-482E-BC16-DD7091A5C722.jpeg
330EBC28-46AA-4839-9FFF-D20EAF73DBED.jpeg

mowbizz

Reaction score
Good job on the yote! Sounds like your covered up in bucks!

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Damn you are into them thick. Come back Soon! Nice shot on a yote with the bow at 50 yards. I have missed at closer ranges with a rifle!:rolleyes:

NorthMaine

Reaction score
I assume this will get updated! Congrats on a great buck!

Latest posts