2020 season deer in NH

Don_Deerhunting

Reaction score
does anyone have any advice on state forests for the 2020 season ?
i'm taking my teenager hunting probably the last time I get to spend time before college, and i'm not looking for the Big Buck etc, just a good environment with an OK chance to get something - its about the experience and the time with my kid - any advice on best locations?

many thanks in advance !!

mowbizz

Reaction score
does anyone have any advice on state forests for the 2020 season ?
i'm taking my teenager hunting probably the last time I get to spend time before college, and i'm not looking for the Big Buck etc, just a good environment with an OK chance to get something - its about the experience and the time with my kid - any advice on best locations?

many thanks in advance !!
Pick a state forest near you and have at it! they will all hold game but you may have to get off any "beaten paths" to see some. I would suggest swampy edges as a starting point...get in there and scout the sign and you will be able to figure out a game plan. Make it a fun learning experience for the teen and you'll have a hunting partner for life!
Like you said, it's not about killing anything but you never know what can happen if your are out there!

benny8

Reaction score
Exactly what Mow said! Hunting in NH is tough and even the ones who put their time in(shed hunting, scouting, boots to ground, hunting) have their years where they can't buy a sighting. We don't consider successes as killing something, like you posted, it is all about the time spent afield enjoying the gifts from the Creator with family and friends. Killing something is just a bonus.

Latest posts