2020 Hunting Plans

Mainewoods

Reaction score
My buddy is really pushing for me to get an archery bull tag for Colorado, but we'll see. Luckily if I go, I can buy the tag when I get there. 3rd week of November in Maine like usual, and then last week of NH rifle.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Who cancelled your hunt? I'm booked in Alaska and last I heard other than the 72 hour covid negative test there were no other travel restrictions or hunt cancellations.
I cancelled the hunt in late May. I am still not up for traveling yet. I travel for work just about every week and have not left the great state of NJ since the first week of March. I can not imagine putting on a mask entering Newark airport and not taking it off again for 15+ hrs. Also when I cancelled the virus was ravaging NY/NJ and I was concerned about my health, my job, my family....
Good luck with your trip and hope to see a trip report!

Wandling

Reaction score
My plan is to get a decent buck early season and predator hunting most of the fall. I really want to try to call in a bear this year. Ohio is closed to non resident hunting this season for now even though I didn’t plan on going anyways. I’m staying in WV again this year.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
I will be hunting Maine starting with the expanded archery in early September and through the first part of October. Last week of October I will be hunting for a nice Cow Moose in zone 5. November I will be rifle hunting for a nice buck in the Allagash. I missed my northern Maine hunt last year as my wife had quintuple bypass surgery in October. She has fully recovered and is doing well. If I fill my buck tag early I will go back to bow in the expanded zone.

TheMule

Reaction score
I'll be staying close to home and hunting Zone 4 in Mass for deer. I plan to try bird hunting with the bow this year for fun.

JDK

Reaction score
Archery through rifle season here in Maine and then Pennsylvania for their rifle season.

JDK

Reaction score
I should mention that I have been seeing a lot of bear during my walks. Maybe pick up a tag. Not sure yet.

JDK

Reaction score
Allegheny NF and yes, a new experience for me.

JDK

Reaction score
There are 3 and maybe 4 of us going. On our own.

BearHunter

Reaction score
Headed to Maine for the 3rd week this year. Never hunted the 3rd week before. Hoping for cooler weather and full rut by then. After that between work will hunt some in Tennessee and New Jersey

Latest posts