2019 Thread for the Bucks we didn’t kill

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Use this thread for bucks your buddy shot, hit by a truck, bucks you saw online or even FB.

Smasher road kill on RT 4 headed towards Rangeley this week. All bone. View attachment 22252
I went by this buck on Sunday right after it got hit on my way home from Moose scouting. He was a cranker. He had just shed his velvet, his antlers were still redish pink. I went by only a couple minutes after being hit.

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
I went by this buck on Sunday right after it got hit on my way home from Moose scouting. He was a cranker. He had just shed his velvet, his antlers were still redish pink. I went by only a couple minutes after being hit.
I saw this buck recently also...…...IN MY DREAMS!

Congrats to your friend on the bloody antler buck...that must look wild out in the woods.

longbow

Reaction score
I can’t believe it’s still had a head. In my area the things head would’ve been gone in two minutes. Do you know how to take the head off a deer in 30 seconds with only a knife?

Last edited:

MGK

Reaction score
Some very large bucks have already been taken in the expanded zones this year.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
I can’t believe it’s still had a head. In my area the things head would’ve been gone in two minutes. Do you know how to take the head off a deer in 30 seconds with only a knife?
LOL. There were 5 suv and trucks pulled over...I'm sure they were all waiting for a chance to take that buck home. It was Noon on a very busy main road...something had to have jumped the buck or had it cornered for it to try to cross the road at that time.

longbow

Reaction score
LOL. There were 5 suv and trucks pulled over...I'm sure they were all waiting for a chance to take that buck home. It was Noon on a very busy main road...something had to have jumped the buck or had it cornered for it to try to cross the road at that time.
ha, ha, put an arrow in it and your tag on it! lol

hammertime

Reaction score
I live on Rt4 just north of Farmington and travel to rangeley everyday. Whereabouts was that buck killed?

Grandkid

Reaction score
I got the see that buck in person Saturday night. What a stud set of antlers.

Roger-

Gfedor

Reaction score
Almost got him, busted my butt, found his loop, tons of sign, had him 60 yrds just no clear shot, here are some pictures after finding him 6 mile loop. Enjoy

Tried to upload pictures, not working??