2019 Spring Turkey Harvest

NH Hunter

Reaction score
https://nhfishgame.com/2019/07/17/successful-2019-spring-turkey-harvest-in-new-hampshire/

I was surprised at these numbers. Not that they were up. We were given two more days to hunt, and some areas are allowed two birds. I can't remember a turkey season so cold and wet, so often. I haven't seen many poults. Only 3 hens with the largest group having 5. With that being said, I haven't been mourned many fields. I have two hens that are frequently in my yard, and neither have poults with them, but have a pair of jakes chasing them around still. My daughter sent me a video last week of the two jakes fighting with one another while the hens watched.

Igloo

Reaction score
My cameras were pretty dry for turkey this year. The only "turkey" I was able to call in was a bull moose.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Other than seeing a small group at the height of the mating/hunting season I have only seen a few since. Yesterday a pair of hens crossed the road in front of me with a couple of poults each. Maybe the wet spring caused a high mortality in the chicks?

Bill/NH

Reaction score
I do not hunt turkey!!!! However being on the road all over Southern NH for work, I would say each and every year for sometime I see more and more turkeys(toms, hens and poults) than the year before. This year alone I bet I have stopped over a dozen times to let flocks cross the road. Now that we are in full blown summer mode the sightings have gone down dramatically, but still seeing them nonetheless!!!!

longbow

Reaction score
I do not hunt turkey!!!! However being on the road all over Southern NH for work, I would say each and every year for sometime I see more and more turkeys(toms, hens and poults) than the year before. This year alone I bet I have stopped over a dozen times to let flocks cross the road. Now that we are in full blown summer mode the sightings have gone down dramatically, but still seeing them nonetheless!!!!
Sounds like maybe you should start hunting turkey!!!!;)

Bill/NH

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe you should start hunting turkey!!!!
Had to stop for two hens and 8 poults of two distinct sizes this morning after my Sunday morning scouting session as a matter of fact!!!! That will be the extent of my turkey hunting!!!!;):cool:

Grandkid

Reaction score
There are plenty of birds around. Spotted 7 or 8 poults with a hen this past weekend. Hope that some survive for next spring.

Roger-

Igloo

Reaction score
I live and hunt in central NH, but used to work near Manchester. My coworkers could not understand why I was having such a hard time getting turkeys. There seem to be a LOT more of them down south, although I did have to wait for a flock of about 30 near Groton in 2016.

Grandkid

Reaction score
I think they are pretty wide spread from the notches south. But certainly more along the CT river valley and the seacoast portion of the state.

Roger-