2019 Mass Archery trip

Fixed blade

Reaction score
Well took my annual Mass archery trip to hunt with my 83 year old Dad. Left yesterday snowy Vermont to get to Mass around 2:15. Had just enough tip to hike in a mile and setup in one of my favorite places. Was set up in the tree by 3:30. I know it’s cutting it close but thought what the hell. I had less recon than any previous year and was only going to get Friday afternoon and Saturday to hunt. At 4:00 pm a doe and two larger skipper come in around 80 yards out. A few minutes later a small spikes starts running them everywhere. A little later the large doe circles my tree and a few minutes later a nice buck jumps on her track. I stop him at 15 yards and watch my arrow pass through.

170 lb plus or minus. ( weighed on a scale at my Dads). 8 pointer. Pretty happy my largest buck with a bow. 3.5 hour drag later my body is in recovery.

Attachments

12 ring

Reaction score
Congats on a nice deer only way this story could had been better would have been if your dad scored the deer at his age that would had been cool.

Fixed blade

Reaction score
Congats on a nice deer only way this story could had been better would have been if your dad scored the deer at his age that would had been cool.
couldn’t agree more. About 7 years ago I shot a 190 lb 8 pointer on a Friday with him. It was my biggest deer to date. We both celebrated. The very next day he got a 120 lb doe. It had been about 16 years since he had shot his last deer. That day was really special. we really celebrated that night and we talked for hours about how long it had been since his last deer,how things came together on this deer and just how great it was. I’ll always remember the days hunting with my Dad.

12 ring

Reaction score
Yep I surly miss my dad especially this time of year we had some great hunting trips and I still have so many memories. Now I'm the dad and grandad but the one son I have that still hunts lives in Ga. many memories with him as well. Guess I'll have to make that trip once a year..