2019 Maine Deer Harvest Report

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Bill.

Looking at the northern part of the map. A lot of towns/unorganized territories with no deer shot. Do you think there are no/few deer, or just nobody hunting there?

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Bill.

Looking at the northern part of the map. A lot of towns with no deer shot. Do you think there are no/few deer, or just nobody hunting there?
..or just not reporting the correct township or whatever those are.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Looking at the northern part of the map. A lot of towns/unorganized territories with no deer shot. Do you think there are no/few deer, or just nobody hunting there?
Thats the 1st thing I noticed when I looked at the map. There must be over 2,000 square miles in that block of townships that doesn't have a single deer harvested.
I dont remember seeing it that empty before.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Let's take T11, R15 for example. 0 bucks killed. That's a pretty remote area. If there was a big sporting camp there with 20 hunters per week would the number be 10 there?

I will say that when I moose hunted around there in Z2 I did not see a single deer track anywhere all week.

JDK

Reaction score
I spent a pile of time in 9-3 and 9-4 and never cut a deer track. Not one

I also spent a week in a township with a 0 kill and saw 3 legal bucks (I was already tagged out). There were at least 6 other hunters in the general vicinity

WetWool

Reaction score
Wow, State of Maine is on the ball this year, only 3 months behind NH instead of the normal 6! Thanks for posting, I would have bet anything we would have gone over 30k based on the amount of deer we saw, 2020 should be another good one given the last few winters.

I can never recall a year with so many big racks on small bodied deer and vice versa.

JDK

Reaction score
One of my buddies worked in that strip of 0 townships south of Allagash and out toward the Big Black. last year. Every day in the woods. Told us he saw something in the neighborhood of 5 deer for the year. Not much wood left there either