2016 New York Meat Pole

wooly

Reaction score
Bowed down a nice doe on 10-26-16 @ 25yds.
Ran out of daylight to track her but recovered her the following morning.

wooly

Reaction score
Nice bucks guys!
I'm stuck in a doe rut.
11-19-16 opening day doe killed with ML @ 40yds.
Shoulder shot dropped her like a rock.

wooly

Reaction score
Well, it doesn't look like there will be any bone going home this year until shed season. Let a lot of yearling bucks walk and only saw a handful of 2.5 year olds.
No complaints here though as my freezer is full.

On 11-28-16 I had another nice doe in my sights at 30yds. Everything looked good to go through the scope from the blind when she walked out into a shooting lane. One small sapling ruined all that and I caught a deflection.
My ML bullet deflected and veered off it's course catching the fawn behind her off to her right. I was a little upset with that one, but the shot hit her perfectly resulting in a quick clean kill.
That one could have ended much worse with an unrecovered animal.

This past weekend I got out on 12-18 to take another nice doe for the late ML season. Switched things up a bit and did some still hunting for a change of scenery and caught up to her at 30yds.
Another opportunity I couldn't pass up and likely the ending to a good meat season.
Focus will switch to coyotes and photography from here forward.
Merry Christmas to all!

Turningleaf

Reaction score
I know its a little late but here's the game pole from opening weekend in Upstate NY. Very High winds and minimal rut activity kept deer movement to a minimal but all in all it was a great weekend. Sorry for the sideways picture.

IMG_1117.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: