2014 KS Live Hunting Thread

bbruno

Reaction score
Day 9 morning
Have troubles texting when weather gets that cold...but yesterday morning and mid afternoon were great. Bucks were on there feet and moving. Saw 3-4 bucks...some repeats but the trouble is deer really are responding to calls that well. This funnel set faces good size piece of timber which is not my ground to hunt. Bucks are all moving through it. But am counting on calls to get deer in position.

Day 9 evening.... skunked

bbruno

Reaction score
Day 11 morning
So last night...after dinner grabbed flashlights did a little scouting for the morning. Another buddy and I were looking over Google earth and found another funnel. Wanted to look at for this morning.

Opted on a climber with NNW wind. Right off the bat into the action. What sucked was deer were winding me. And since I was in the funnel deer were not quite moving like i thought. Saw 5 bucks this morning...4 of them were 3 yr olds one was a shooter for sure. 130+.

Deer came out and cut across bottom of stunted corn field and used the terrain differently. Watched the bigger buck follow does around 60-70 yds from me.

Little later he showed up again...following doe and lamb. Can called...her come the does. I am in business!!!! Nope. Buck peels off and heads back to bedding area. You have got to be kidding me!

Does ended up 10 yds from my tree.

Needed to position the stand a bit better. Got down. Grabbed fixed stand moved closer to field edge.

bbruno

Reaction score
The kicker? I should have just gotten back on stand. But I went to get decoy and when I got back...buck I wanted to kill was at my stand with a doe!!!

There are a bunch of does in here and bucks are all over them. This is an exceptional piece of property. Buddies of mine have not even seen a 120" 3 yr yet!!

bbruno

Reaction score
I thought it was a different buck...lol
Much to my surprise when I found him he was not who I thought he was

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Great looking buck!
I've enjoyed reading the daily posts, thank you!

Latest posts