2014 KS Live Hunting Thread

bbruno

Reaction score
Well the craziness is starting.... lost my photo ID
So going to airport today early to make sure I can get on plane tomorrow at 5.

Airline says yes...just need little extra screening.

bbruno

Reaction score
Phew I made it through TSA without photo ID! It meant getting probbed and prodded but I made it.
FYI TSA really wants to see things with your name on it. Credit cards, envelopes with your address on them, birth certificate, social security card...

I think what you can use really depends on the day and the agent.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Did you remember to put your pocketknife in your checked bags? The TSA could hold an auction simply for the knives that I've lost to them, and I don't even fly that much.

This thread was awesome last year - I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

bbruno

Reaction score
Well...I am officially sitting on stand! What a race to get here. Flight was good. Bags arrived in one piece. So far right on schedule.

OK enough of that 2 does lamb just showed up. But they winded me. Knew that was going to happen. Here comes small buck chasing pestering a doe!

bbruno

Reaction score
Guess I am tired. Not sure why I put stand here on SSW wind. Be good easterly set. It leaves me with killing buck as he enters field on inside corner.

Looking very good this year. We good food and good bedding. While scouting today I bumped up couple of good bucks....very good to see. Sign is good this year. Deer numbers seem to be good.

Once done hunting tonight... need to hang couple sets for the morning.

mdab27

Reaction score
Ben,

Do you hang those stands at night? Do you spook any deer, and does it really bother them if you spook them setting up stands at night?

bbruno

Reaction score
No. We really do not spook many deer. Deer are a lot more calm at night for sure. And even if we did we still have to get the sets up for next hunt. For the most part we are hunting cruising bucks. These deer might not be within a mile when we hang these sets.

We are pretty aggressive thats for sure. Not really anytime to sit back and observe. Where I am hunting is a funnel. In fact, 20 minutes ago had first doe of the season go through funnel. She was at 11 yds.

The downside at night...you realize your too close (which I am). Need to move set back.

bbruno

Reaction score
Small buck...2 yr old running doe and lamb. All she wants to do is get away from him.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Does she have something funky going on with her front shoulder...looks very bulky.

bbruno

Reaction score
Best funnel I have ever hunted.
The bigger buck I posted is biggest I have seen this morning.

Latest posts