2013 KS Live Hunting Thread

bbruno

Reaction score
Just got setup around 4. Wind is not really great. Going to try to make it work. Hung stand tonight. Cut shooting lanes last night after dark. Running short on time...day just flies by. Setup another stand for funnel set so I can hunt on southerly wind.

Much warmer today with southerly winds coming. We shall see.

bbruno

Reaction score
Just saw good buck. However he just went into other bedding area I hunted last year . He was at least 300+ yds . Rattled he looked my way. Kept heading into bed.

bbruno

Reaction score
Back on stand this morning. Buddy had the key so no stocking hat will have to make do with hood on fleece. 43 degrees and windy. Warmer than yesterday but more wind.

In a new set I hung yesterday hung yesterday for south wind. Love the set. Goodcover good shooting. Comfortable. Most deer mmovement does not start until 7:30 or so. Have not jumped single deer on walk in. Hopefully magic happens today.

Funny traveling the roads at night you wouldnever even know rut is happening.. no dead deer...no live deer.

We are seeing deer in morning so something should happen at any time. Definitely does around.

bbruno

Reaction score
Uh oh. Deer blew at me. Doe . Hopefully this set will work where it is. Think the doe bedding might be above me because she picked me off.If it happens again will have to move set. ShE also might have winded me.

bbruno

Reaction score
View from stand. You can see the hill.
Looks like doe is coming through funnel..

Last edited:

bbruno

Reaction score
Doe that just came through and bedded. 2yr old bumped her up and was pushing her all around stand. Tried to get pics. Did not get any good ones.

bbruno

Reaction score
Done with morning hunt. All movement is pretty much between 8-9am. Have only seen one small deer after 9. Still have more to scout...need to get setup for some better evening spots.

bbruno

Reaction score
Wow. We pulled camera today. Pleasant surprise to see 150"+, 140+, 130-135. So far we have 5 different bucks on can 3yr old plus. I passed one of them yesterday.

Good to see. Things are looking better than last year.

And while scouting today jumped 125-130" buck that was on edge of creek. Man those things are ghosts. Just ran and disappeared.

Wind is howling today...gusts to 40 mph. Laying down by 6 tonight . Going to head to stand in a bit.

bbruno

Reaction score
Back on stand. Wind is howling!! Supposed to settle back to 15mph before dark. Balmy 68 degrees. Nothing like warm weather to slow deer movement down.

Back in set hunted past 2 nights. Edge of bed where it meets cornfield. Spot where jumped big buck and doe 2 days ago. Really am hoping to catch buck checking bedding areas. Place isflattened where you can see deer bedding in ttall grass.

This is different farm than hunting in morning. The morning spot...no really good food source. So my buddy is hunting fence row tonight where we have seen bucks travel at last light.

Will keep you posted with deer sightings as they happen.

bbruno

Reaction score
Back on stand this morning. Just like I thought would happen...local hunter has not been here all week...today is Saturday and yep he showed up this morning. Landowner has asked him not to hunt when we are here. But landowner is notcconfrontational kind of guy. So this year all I can hope for is that today is not the first day of his rut vacation. Property is just not big enough. 3rd year in row we have dealt with this guy. Nothing more we can do now than either leave or hunt around him. Oh well. He saw us pull in this morning and came over to ask us where we would be. Grunted and left. He was none to happy. We hunted here for 2 yrs never saw the guy. Landowner never mentioned him hunting it.

Warmer this morning. 38 or so. No wind. Should be a good morning.

bbruno

Reaction score
Wow things started early today. As soon as goton stand saw 2 deer at 5 yds cross. Than just had a bbeautiful 3 yr old that called right to stand. We have Picts of him. Great g2 just super short g3. Was trying to get phone out buthe was broadside at 5 yds. Saw him cross field aabove. Grunted at him. Came right in. Good start so far.

Latest posts