2013 KS Live Hunting Thread

bbruno

Reaction score
Just got back in stand...stand. being a ground set. Sitting on ground with decoy in the cut corn next to a bed. Plan on hanging stand but because of the rain all dirt roads without gravelare terrible. Also mean access to farm roads no go. It has to be 1/2 mile plus walk...just cannot get all the gear to tree in one trip.

When I scouted this today...bumped a big buck bedded with doe. Those deer basically can non balled into creek and swam for other side. Pretty cool to watch. He was big buck for sure. I would guess he was framed up for 140-150. Deer I would shoot all day.

bbruno

Reaction score
These first few days are crazy ....scout hang sets and hunt all in 11 hr day. Its go go go...try not to waste any time.

Will be back at funnel set in morning. Did somemore scouting in area hunted this mornjng. Found more rubs and more ground scrapes. Bucks have rub line running right through the funnel.

bbruno

Reaction score
Slow night tonight. Saw 3-4 does at 500+ yds. Nada on this side.once done hunting. Going to put on head lamp and trim shooting lanes for stand. Going to hang and hunt same spot tomorrow night.

bbruno

Reaction score
11-7 full day #2
Back in the funnel set. Here is pic of deer from yesterday. This is second buck

He came from left 2 right as did other two bucks. Its a perfect setup if bucks cruise these doe beds.

bbruno

Reaction score
Here is the view from stand. This farm road cuts two doe bedding areas in half. And the way the blow downs and fence is there is a gap 20 yds front of me. All deer run this gap when moving through here. If I had been sitting here in this set last year I would have killed a giant.

bbruno

Reaction score
Just had doe cross above me on downwind side. With stand setup no way I can shoot to that spot. If good buck crosses...no shots. Chose give up down side for better cover when deer cross in front of me.

bbruno

Reaction score
Good to see the does. She was heading back to one of the beds I am hunting.

bbruno

Reaction score
Gorgeous morning. 32 no wind. Frosty.
You can edge above me where she crossed.

Last edited:

bbruno

Reaction score
Just had doe two lambs come through funnel. Perfect how they are traveling through. Wind is not so good. Thermals saving my butt.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Awesome Ben!! Just found this thread, as I usually minimize the other hunting areas and fishing on HC. Keep'em coming!!

Russell Bro.

Reaction score
Very cool. Love getting these updates! Good Luck Ben!

bbruno

Reaction score
Just wish I had found this funnel 4 yes ago. Hunted around it in doe beds. Killed bucks around these beds. Just missed exact spot. Going to hang set for southerly wind...hunt this nearly everyday in morning.

bbruno

Reaction score
Just see another doe come down cart road. First deer I have seen cross in different spot. You could see it jumping over trees and barbed wire. It was either doe or button buck.

Latest posts