2013 KS Live Hunting Thread

bbruno

Reaction score
On the plane. Headed for the great state of KS. Will try as best I can to keep a running tab of my hunt, what i see, don't see, photos that sort of thing. Basically try to keep it live and close to as it is happening. I am pretty excited. EHD in 2012 has tempered a bit of the excitement that is for sure, but still pretty excited to say the least.

Right now we are flying into DC and jumping on next plane for KS city. Should be in a tree this afternoon. Going to hit the ground running. Basically want to get a stand up for the morning and one for this evening. Supposed to be raining pretty hard so we shall see.

bbruno

Reaction score
Only if we tag early. I would guess going to be tough hunt. Hope I am wrong...

bbruno

Reaction score
Well so far...going to be a tough hunt. Got in town, pouring rain. Went and did some scouting. Sign was not really all that great. So we hung sets in some known spots. Will hunt in morning till 10 or so than hit ground running. Scout scout more scout. End really took its toll last year.

Hunter numbers at motel are way way down. Crazy. Only saw 3 trucks in parking lot. Place is usually full. My guess is most went elsewhere.

Did see few deer while scouting. The work begins!!

bbruno

Reaction score
Hung set in funnel right where had most of my encounters with good bucks last year. Bottom that has a fence with a break in it. Has a cart road going through...basically splitting two doe bedding areas.

That is where I will start my 2013 Midwest season...

bbruno

Reaction score
Time is right back to where we left on in Maine before the time change. Sunrise is 7:02. Love it.

bbruno

Reaction score
Buddy saw a good buck chasing doe. Could really fell all that well.

I turn around to see doe flagging across winter wheat field...than stop turn and look down in woods. Than take off flagging again.

Its cold with NNW breeze. Overcast.

bbruno

Reaction score
2 bucks so far have come through funnel. Set is right where if needs to be. One beautiful 10 pt look like 2 year old. Took pics both of them. Will post later. It is cold. Hard to type. 35 degrees and windy. One buck went and put some shoulders into a rub. He worked it for 5 minutes!!

Roy. Diy hunt on land we got permission on. 5 yr coming here. Made friends with landowner. Drove 2 yrs brought all gear. Another year shipped all gear on pallet. We fly now.

Last edited:

bbruno

Reaction score
OK. Just had another buck come through funnel. Look like same one from earlier but he was moving left to right first time and left to right second time. So he either did a big loop or different buck.