2 of 5

JDK

Reaction score
NICE ! Catch all of them on that neon green mackerel colored rapala or rebel ?
It was a mix actually. That Rapala, a Flatstick, some sort of $3 Mardens special I picked up, and a Savage Gear glide bait.

Maybe somewhat humorous. I found that Rapala hanging in a tree and the Mardens bait was $3. I have a $1000 worth of lures and have been getting fish on those. Don't tell my wife.:rolleyes:

tobydog

Reaction score
It was a mix actually. That Rapala, a Flatstick, some sort of $3 Mardens special I picked up, and a Savage Gear glide bait.

Maybe somewhat humorous. I found that Rapala hanging in a tree and the Mardens bait was $3. I have a $1000 worth of lures and have been getting fish on those. Don't tell my wife.:rolleyes:
Ha! I swear I have caught most of my fish on a brass Kastmaster. Bass, trout, stripped bass, perch. My friends ask my why I rarely switch, I just tell them...no reason too:)

Big D

Reaction score
Very nice. There are a couple of places near camp that I've been wanting to try. Never fished for them.

Browseline

Reaction score
Nice fish! When you retire you could make a lot of spending money as a fishing guide. Your are able to catch every kind of fish in Maine and lots of them.

JDK

Reaction score
A 41 incher I caught last night. Pretty beat up from spawning. I feel better, caught it on an expensive lure that I bought.:cool:

IMG_2282a.JPG

Big D

Reaction score
I went into a remote place last week looking for trout. After getting our lines snapped a few times I figured that something was up. Low and behold I was able to land my first musky. About 36inches, caught on 6lb line. No net, no pliers, and no gear to deal with those things. It was quite the shit show when I got it in. I'll definitely target muskys again. Wild fish. I'll be better prepared next time though. I'd tell you what they were hitting on but you wouldn't believe me.

Reactions: JDK

JDK

Reaction score
That is excellent Big D.

I tell you absolutely nothing surprises me with those fish. I watched a kid catch one on a spinner and worm.

Big D

Reaction score
That is excellent Big D.

I tell you absolutely nothing surprises me with those fish. I watched a kid catch one on a spinner and worm.
Bingo! We lost 7 others for obvious reasons.

WetWool

Reaction score
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Youngest caught this monstah bass yesterday in a cesspool about a foot deep. 2” plastic grub on a trout hook.06C8AE3C-1D92-4B2F-BBB0-FF0C7F6999F7.jpeg

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Bingo! We lost 7 others for obvious reasons.
This is hilarious - Big D told me this story on Sunday night and I laughed about our old days with the spinner and worm chasing 6 inch Brookies! Then I saw JDK's post and said "wow, did he nail it"!