12 more days....

Vermonster

Reaction score
Nobody has posted here in awhile, if ever. Figured I'd give the forum some love. 12 days till my season opens up.

Debating on going out in the morning or the evening. Only trail cam photos i have in daylight are evening, right about sunset. Deer were headed towards a pond just across the property line, probably after the long hot day.

But, it's a small, high trafficked (hunters and hikers) area, so I don't know if the deer will be screwed up by evening.

Decisions.......

Y

YourMooseGuide

Nobody has posted here in awhile, if ever. Figured I'd give the forum some love. 12 days till my season opens up.

Debating on going out in the morning or the evening. Only trail cam photos i have in daylight are evening, right about sunset. Deer were headed towards a pond just across the property line, probably after the long hot day.

But, it's a small, high trafficked (hunters and hikers) area, so I don't know if the deer will be screwed up by evening.

Decisions.......
Morning or evening seems like a nobrainer right now but keep watching the camera, if the area is a high traffic(hunters, hikers) area and they are not spooked yet then I would tend to think that the deer are pretty use to them and it probably wont be a big issue on opening day! My opinion!

Vermonster

Reaction score
Morning or evening seems like a nobrainer right now but keep watching the camera, if the area is a high traffic(hunters, hikers) area and they are not spooked yet then I would tend to think that the deer are pretty use to them and it probably wont be a big issue on opening day! My opinion!
That's what I was thinking, but maybe I should have said "moderate traffic" for now. Once hunting season starts, it's high traffic.

Still might stick to evening. Plus, the pigs have been encroaching on the area and I want to see if I can run into one of them.... ;)