“Bearly usable” 😳

mowbizz

Reaction score
Went out this morning for a sit in my ground blind ad as I approached in the gathering light, something didn’t seem right. Blind was knocked over so I figured Yogi paid a visit overnight. I used it yesterday morning (saw 3 doe go by out of range) and was hoping to catch them going through again…oh well, get over to my ladder stand nearby and sit there. No action this morning so I packed up and went to see the ground blind in the daylight. Not bad as the whole structure was intact but yogi somehow bent one one of the “star” connectors where the rods come together right at the front of the blind and the thing was “twisted” either by his weight or an angry tirade with his teeth? (each side has one of the star connectors).
All the anchor cords were pulled up and there were 2 stakes missing(?) probably lost in the leaves when yogi yanked them up. Came in and threw a few tools together (vise grips seemed appropriate) and a big magnet to try and find the steel stakes. Wifey and pooch came out for the repair job. We got it back upright and thankfully the bear didn’t claw the crap out of the tent material (if it was in fact a bear?) A mystery for now…going to put a cam facing the blind.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
It was pretty windy a couple nights ago. Was it strong enough over there to tip it over? The hammock in my yard had taken a pretty good ride when I got home from work Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember which day now.

mowbizz

Reaction score
It was pretty windy a couple nights ago. Was it strong enough over there to tip it over? The hammock in my yard had taken a pretty good ride when I got home from work Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember which day now.
I don’t think so…I used the blind yesterday… zero wind yesterday and today.
Pretty sure it’s a bear…just no proof at this point. Could be vindictive human as far as I know…haven’t had any problems for several years. I’ll have a cam on it soon.

Latest posts